Wednesday, December 14, 2005

I'm here . . . somewhere

No, I'm not off somewhere going through a quarter-life crisis. I'm not in crisis at all actually. I was just being lazy and thought I'd post a forward. Yes, I can relate to much of it. And yes, I hit a low point two weekends ago. But a crisis? That's going a bit far. I've actually been enjoying bits and pieces of my life over the last few weeks.

Let's see...

...there was cooking with my mom, Stephanie, and "the cute little bug". Posted by Picasa How do you know that the food you are eating is truly organic? When a "cute little bug" comes with your baby spinach. We made salmon baked in butter lettuce (pictured), lamb sausage patties, Jamaican rice and beans, and sautéed baby spinach. The food was fabulous as was the time we spent together shopping, preparing, cooking, and eating. Yum!


...there was underwear and bra shopping. Posted by Picasa Now if you know me at all, are a longtime reader of this blog, or read my post on 100 Things about underwear, you know I'm not a big fan. Perhaps because Trek finds my underwear to be a favorite chew toy. Until recently, I had only one matching set thanks to my four-legged roommate. Well, I have since remedied that. I now have lots of cute bra and panty sets. Pink, yellow, black, brown, and red, oh my! I never thought I'd have so much fun shopping. Who knows, maybe I'll start wearing underwear more often!!



...there has been lots o' beer combined with lots o' camera phone fun. Posted by Picasa In case you missed it, my parents got me a new camera phone for my birthday. Although it wasn't the the Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-P200, 7.2 Megapixel, 3x Optical/6x Digtal Zoom Digital Camera that I am in love with (even more so now that I discovered that it comes in black) that I was dropping hints all over the place about, the new phone was a great birthday gift. I no longer have the bottom-of-the-line, piece-of-crap I once called my cell phone. I now have an awesome phone with speakerphone, voicedial, color screen, and a digital camera!! And I thought my parents were technologically challenged. Good job Mom and Dad! Okay, got a bit sidetracked there. As I was saying... This new phone is great entertainment while out drinking with friends - I highly recommend it. Now I can capture fun moments when I forget my regular camera or when I have a spontaneous outing. Better yet, I can send said pictures to whomever I please at the push of a button. Not that I have done that or anything. Hee hee hee (evil laugh). I've also been going out with people from work quite a bit. There have been several birthdays and such recently. I found out that in addition to not knowing how to have fun, I am also conceited. Whaaaaat?! Who knew?! I'm glad to report that my recent outings have not only shown them that I am not at all conceited and indeed know how to have fun, but it has also led to two crushes and one guy exclaiming, "You are cool as shit!" Now I know certain bloggers are going to ask about said crushes. No, I am not interested. But I must admit, I like the attention. It sure has made work more interesting! With school out and winter in, I'm going to start hanging out with them more. It does irritate me how I was perceived for going on four months, but I hope everyone involved learned not to be so judgmental.

...there was Levern's awards dinner.Posted by Picasa He and I are former co-workers and close friends. Levern won paralegal of the year and of course I had to be there to support him. Fortunately, the doorman thought I was cute and didn't charge me the hefty $50 ticket price. Highlight next to Levern receiving his award? Double chocolate fudge mousse cake. Yum!

...there was a failed attempt to share Trek's vocal skills. Posted by Picasa Don't bother clicking on the picture above because I couldn't get the video uploaded. You are really missing out because Trek can give a rendition of Outkast that you will never forget. He also sings Ani DiFranco quite well - surprise. But damn it, my uploading program crashed twice and that is all the patience I have. **Sigh** - It's times like these I miss dating a computer genius. For anyone who knows how to upload video successfully - an e-mail would be greatly appreciated.

...there has been harmony between me, my belly, my jeans, and the bathroom scale. Posted by Picasa I have somehow avoided the after Thanksgiving 10-15 lbs. of blubber this year. I haven't increased my daily exercise nor have I decreased my daily chocolate intake. Shhhhh - maybe my body doesn't know what time of year it is.

...there is enough snow for doggie boots. Posted by Picasa I looooove playing in the snow with Trek. Now, I know Trek doesn't look too thrilled in this picture. But trust me, it is for his own good. When all the other dogs have to leave the park b/c their paws are bright red from the cold, guess who is still playing? Besides, Trek is big enough to beat up any dog who makes fun of him.

...there has been confusion over time and boundaries. Posted by Picasa The ex wants to be my "best friend". I'm not sure that is possible with us both admiting we still having feelings for one another. However, I miss him terribly and would love if we could be friends. We set up obvious boundaries: no sex, no kissing. If only it were so simple. He wanted to buy the coveted camera for my birthday. I declined. I felt such an expensive gift would be crossing the boundary of this new friendship we are trying to build. We argued over it for some time. He finally gave up trying to convince me and told me to think about it. Oh the temptation!! He's already chastised my partying. What gives him the right? He has just walked back into my life and already he is falling back into attitudes that caused me so much grief in the past? Then there is his new position at work - he's traveling twice as much as when we were together. Already he has bailed on plans and doesn't know when he'll have time to reschedule. Now I'm decked out in all our history. All the feelings of past hurt are rushing back. I've tried hard to avoid it, but now it is too late. So now what? Feel the loss all over again? Or hang on and hope it gets better? Then there is a "friend" who never seems to make time for me. In fact, I cannot remember the last time we hung out on his initiative. What is worse, he's always telling me I mean a lot to him and he will do better, but he never does. Actions speak louder than words, no? Why keep telling me the same thing over and over and not change your behavior? Why become silent when I confront you about it? It is as I have known but have refused to face. It hurts. "Learn to suppress it pretty girl..."

...then there is school. Posted by Picasa Finals are over Friday morning. Woot-woot!! Granted this wasn't exactly the most challenging semester, I'm still glad that it is almost over. I plan on partying my little butt off this weekend. Are you with me?

I think that about covers what I have been up to in recent weeks. Crisis averted.

Smiley for the Day:

Heads Turned for: "I'm here . . . somewhere"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:47 AM) : 

You had been really busy these last days. A camera phone can be need - as you already pointed out...but my one doesnt make the best pics so I gave up on it for now until I can get a new one.

 

Blogger kathi said ... (8:06 AM) : 

I love how much you enjoy life. It's such a great read when I visit you. Love the pics and the one of Trek in his booties, such a good mommy you are! Happy belated darlin girl!!!

 

Blogger Meadow said ... (8:57 AM) : 

Brea, you make me smile.

I love the delicious meal you made with your family and how much you enjoyed just making it. I love the way you don't get the underwear fuss; I am so with you on that. I love how you know how to have a good time with your friends and how you don't care what anyone thinks of it. I love how you are so creative. I love that you are supportive of your friends. I love that you're not ashamed to let your beauty work for you. I even love how your dog's not ashamed to wear those things on his feet. :)

I admire that you're trying to be friends with an ex. I've never been able to pull that off successfully.

Here's to more good times.

 

Blogger Theresa said ... (9:01 AM) : 

I have no boundary problems if your ex wants to get ME that cell phone in honor of your birthday :)
However, he still needs to treat you right or back the hell up!

Trek and my dog would be bestest friends if they met. Two snow-lovin' singers! Woot-woot!!!

 

Blogger Brea said ... (12:43 PM) : 

Kat:
Yeah, the camera phone is a lot of fun. It takes the best pics when the lighting is good. I'm sure they'll have much better models by this time next year.

Kathi:
Glad you enjoyed it and thank you for the b-day wish.

Goddess:
Wow - when you put it that way... But seriously, thanks. That is all very sweet.

Theresa:
LMAO - my best friend is in line ahead of you with her hand out - lol!!! But yeah, he definitely needs to stop adding greif to my life.

Aww, Trek loves making friends - especially in the snow!

 

Blogger feels good b n FREE said ... (5:13 PM) : 

that was fun reading!!

take care!!! i'll b back

 

Blogger Pirate said ... (6:48 PM) : 

No doubt you turn heads. i like yur blog and the persoanlity you project. Great site to visit.

 

Blogger Brotha Buck said ... (9:25 PM) : 

You mean, women actually try to match their underthings? As a guy, I guess I'd never considered that.

 

Blogger Anhoni Patel said ... (10:07 PM) : 

Those doggie boots are SO cute! And that meal looks like it was a fabulous time! See, who said you didn't know how to jave fun. You don't wear underwear? I love camera phones.

 

Blogger Fahd Mirza said ... (2:47 AM) : 

Atta smashing pot-pourri

 

Blogger MZPEACH said ... (9:00 AM) : 

You have some wonderful parents. Congrats on your cell phone. You look like your mom, even from the side..lol. Trek is so adorable. I definitely have to agree with Goddess. You make me smile as well...only when your happy though..lol.

 

Blogger princessdominique said ... (1:15 PM) : 

You are a fun blogger, I mean photos and a story that makes sense. Besides my shoe excursions I can't do that. I heard Jamaican and I immediately got hungry! And how did I miss the 100 things about underwear?

 

Blogger Rose said ... (1:33 AM) : 

Brea:
Continue to do your thing... you are special girl...so many God given talents....Trek looks so cute in his booties...

 

Blogger Cherise said ... (5:47 PM) : 

I always love your pictures! They are so artistic and warm. About the ex.. .hmm I can tell u there is NO WAY I could EVER be friends with an ex. Probably because I'm not mature enough.. lol Honestly, if the wound is still fresh and there are FEELINGS involved it only sets us up for more pain... I do have friends that were once lovers, but it took years to break that bond. Good Luck!

 

Blogger ~^^~L*C~^^~ said ... (9:18 PM) : 

Helllo Brea: What a wonderful post! You are so down-to-earth - love reading your blog - now that I have some time to blog again lol! I love underwear 2 - have all different colors. VS is my favorite store in the Mall! I know what you are feeling about Finals being over! Mine were over last week and woohoo - I haven't stopped partying lol. About the ex...can't believe you are friends again. Your situation sounds similar to a situation I have w/ a "Friend." I wish you the best and I admire you for trying it again - really - I wouldn't have the strength - no looking back here. U go girl though! So happy about ur new cam etc.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (7:37 AM) : 

It's good that you like your new phone, high end an all!

I have definatley not achieved any kind of harmony with my belly.

 

Blogger Drea Inspired said ... (8:10 PM) : 

I'm glad you've taken time to enjoy some moments despite drama.

I'm hungry now...oh so hungry, haha

 

Blogger Hasan Mubarak said ... (4:55 AM) : 

Your Foodmania has made me wanting for something as special as Stuffed Chicken with Pineapple Sauce...

So, you didn;t mention the Camera Phone brand you got from your parents?? And, yes, I too, am in love with Sony Cybershot and would love to own one...

And, best of luck with your exams, too!!

 

Blogger Michelle said ... (11:31 AM) : 

The dog booties are beyond cute! I need some for my dog. Got 2 inches of snow this weekend. It was 11 degrees when I left the house this morning! Argh!

Beware the ex-lovers being friends trap. Been there; am there.

Thanks for the peek into your life. Hope you have a happy holiday!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:35 PM) : 

Wow, that dish looks really good! Salmon is one of my favourite foods! =) Now I'm hungry, heh!

 

Blogger Aud*2020 said ... (8:57 PM) : 

I'm soooo with ya, girl! Hope you had a good time celebrating the end of finals this past weekend. I declined on this end, but will surely be making it up in two weeks. That's the bad thing about finals being over RIGHT before Christmas, though.

Trek is adorable expressing his "vocal" skills!

I hope things work out with you and the ex. I know how sticky those situations can get, because even after you establish those "boundaries," it can be hard to stick with them on one end or the other.

Hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

 

Blogger Deb Sistrunk Nelson said ... (9:26 AM) : 

Thanks for making me smile. What a marvelous post! My heart went to mush, though, when I saw Trek in the doggy footwear. Awwwww. :-)

 

Blogger AsianSmiles said ... (12:39 PM) : 

I share your desire to be with someone who's so good in computers. I had been struggling with mine and I am so frustrated about failing to go to the sites that I like to go to - currently I have to fix my setting every now and then just to access one site. And I am now fixing the config to access yours. Making comments is the most difficult part - for some reason I have to waiiiiit until I can post a comment. Obviously, I missed a looot. So allow me to greet you Merry Christmas, Happy New Year - I do hope I can post comments easier in the next days to come.

notes: don't worry about quarter-life crisis - you'll go through it in flying colors! Just be "you" and you'll be alright - just remember, we love you for what you are.

Trek's footwear is so cute - it tells me how much loved he is. Such an awesome dog, such an awesome 'roomate' :)

About the camera? I think you've made a splendid decision about discouraging him to buy you one - if you're not comfy about it, don't encourage it. :) This may not be the right time yet :) Just go with the flow girl, wherever it leads you. I'm confident that you know what is right & wrong anyway - so just have fun!

love you BB! and stay pretty and happy!

AsianSmiles

 

Blogger brooklyn babe said ... (11:52 AM) : 

That salmon looks like the bomb!!!
Save me some!
Season greetings to you and URS!
-bk

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:33 AM) : 

i gotta agree... those salmon.. oh my.... do u have the recipe?

 

Blogger Brea said ... (8:54 PM) : 

Diamonds, Rubies and Colapop & Pirate:
Glad you enjoyed it!

Brotha Buck:
But I'm sure you appreciate the results!

Anhoni:
I wear underware when necessary and I often think it isn't ;)

Fahd:
Thanks!

Georgia Peach:
I look JUST like my Mom. Scary.

Priness Dominique:
I love sharing pictures! The underwear post was on my other blog.

Rose:
Thanks!

Ressie Cup:
You are right - I need a part of my heart and mind surgically removed.

Elsie:
Thanks for stopping by.

Stunner:
The new phone is quite the toy! I'm sure my harmony will be short lived - it always is!

Brownsoul:
Lol!

Hasan:
That chicken dish sounds yummy! The camera is a Motorolla.

Michelle:
After all these comments - perhaps I should rethink this whole friendship thing!

Marz:
It was good!

Double Oh No:
I hope you get to enjoy the break from school. Before you know it, we'll be back in class.

DCS:
:) Glad you enjoyed it!

Asian Smiles:
Hope your computer problems are soon resolved. I obviously am no help!

Brookly Babe:
Too late - ate it all! ;)

'ka:
Unfortunately, I don't have the recipie - my friend does.

 

post a comment