Monday, January 09, 2006

I know, I know

It's been a loooooong time since I've written a blog entry. Sorry. Holidays, anniversaries, and way too much work - it has been a rough couple of weeks for me. My friend at work looked me straight in the eye the other day and said, "You need a vacation." She's right - a vacation and a re-evaluation. But who has time for that? Certainly not me. I've got tuition to raise and the clock ticks ever loudly. So, I'll continue existing until spring when I can start living again. If that made no sense to you, consider yourself lucky. Moving on...
I've been slacking with the picture taking these days. Guess I'm pouting since I still don't have a new camera. I will, however, share the top two photos of recent weeks:
First we have this beauty. It is brought to you by a team effort: me, my brother, and unwittingly - Stephanie. It is a big family joke about how much and how fast my Dad eats. Seriously, this man can eat you out of house and home and he isn't shy about it. It was always embarassing to take him to my ex's parents' home for dinner. She (being a typical Jewish mother who loves to feed people) and he (eating like it was his first meal in years) were quite the dynamic! For some reason, he becomes awful shy when there is a camera around - I just can't imagine why *wink*. After several failed attempts to capture this eating machine in action, we finally got the shot we wanted. He was distracted by a conversation with Stephanie (who joined us for Christmas dinner) and my brother saw the opportunity. *Snap!* The perfect shot. He looks like a chipmunk! Lol!! A post on the internet is just the beginning; I've got mass e-mails and posters to distribute. Ha ha ha!!!
This next shot was taken at a hookah bar. I'd never even heard of hookah before. It was a lot of fun: cool atmosphere, good music, delicious food, and of course great hookah. Here I am pictured next to Paul after he'd taken a ridiculously big hit of the hookah. LMAO! Looks like he's grown a beard!


Well, with the roughest winter weeks behind me, I anticipate the same random blogging you have come to expect. As spring approaches, you can expect more accounts of adventures in the life of me. Thanks for all the comments and e-mails from my blogging buddies while I was away - ya'll are too sweet to me! I'm slowly coming out of hibernation - so watch out! :)

Smiley for the Day:

Heads Turned for: "I know, I know"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:41 PM) : 

I know to good what you are talking about. With me it is about the same: until march and I'll be free again - at least for a while.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:07 PM) : 

Looking forward to hearing from you more again!

 

Blogger princessdominique said ... (5:49 PM) : 

Life happens. I'm glad you stopped by and thought about us for a minute :) Happy New Year and all that jazz...Hookah?

 

Blogger Anhoni Patel said ... (10:08 PM) : 

Your dad totally looks like a chipmunk there! It looks like, although you are busy, you are still having fun!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (9:55 AM) : 

It has been a long time! Welcome back.

Damn that's some serious smoke...seems you guys were on cloud 9.

 

Blogger Drea Inspired said ... (10:53 AM) : 

Great to see ya back, chica!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (9:21 AM) : 

welcome backkkkkk!!!!

yes, your friend looks like a santa claus there with all the smokes :D

 

Blogger Friar Tuck said ... (3:14 PM) : 

Good to see you back!

 

Blogger Cherise said ... (8:52 PM) : 

I can relate to a rough few weeks.. glad to see u back, even if for a moment.. hope u get some time to yourself.. one day.. Have a good one.. U r in my thoughts.

 

Blogger brooklyn babe said ... (3:58 PM) : 

Welcome Back! Look fwd to reading your adventures.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4:02 PM) : 

Your friend with the hookah looks all hookah happy, lol! =) I'm glad that you had a great Christmas and New Year's! =)
And your dad looks adorable! I also like the fact the shot was made between two candles! =)

Glad to see that you're back! =) And we understand if it took a while! It's only once a year where you get to have extensive holidays! =)

 

Blogger MZPEACH said ... (4:34 PM) : 

Girl I saw you on Bkbabe's site and thought I saw a ghost..lol. Welcome back!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6:27 PM) : 

WB! Looks like you've been a very busy girl lately. I'll look forward to ure random blogging then. Oh yah, i've got thise bad habit of coming and going very unexpectedly. I'll try to stay this time ;)

 

Blogger No_the_game said ... (7:42 PM) : 

Girl I love your pictures and describtion. I am kinda glad you are not around me. I also eat fast and a lot :)

Good luck !!!!

 

Blogger Edz said ... (9:39 PM) : 

Hey Brea,
It's good to have you back. I've missed you.

 

Blogger nosthegametoo said ... (10:51 PM) : 

Happy New Year Brea,

It's good to see you're back here. Enjoyed the post.

 

Blogger Miz JJ said ... (10:35 AM) : 

Hookah bar...yum. Those are too fun. Happy New Year!

 

Blogger crallspace said ... (9:26 PM) : 

I went to a middle eastern restaurant once and saw a guy smoking a hookah. I thought it was weed.

The waiter got offended when I asked if it was....

LTNS, eh? Take care!

 

Blogger Kaz said ... (10:02 PM) : 

Hey Brea!
I'm so happy to read you again. Happy New Year. You seem to have started the new year in good shape. I wish you the best girl and I can't wait to read you even more.

 

Blogger Aud*2020 said ... (12:16 PM) : 

Glad you are back! Did you try any of the hookah? I just heard about it for the first time a couple of summers ago in a class on Islam. The prof brought some in...smelled good, but whoa.

 

Blogger Brea said ... (9:07 PM) : 

Princess Dominique:
Hookah is a traditional Middle Eastern water pipe.

EVERYONE:
I'm glad to be welcomed back with such warm comments. Thanks! Happy New Year!!!

 

post a comment