Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I'm back!

Last week was totally chill. What does such a week look like? Well, I'm glad you asked...

The weather here was gorgeous, so outside I went. While heading into downtown with a friend, we stumbled across what seemed to be a fair of some sort. Naturally, we parked the car and wandered in. It turned out to be a rally for immigrant rights. We stayed for the musical performances, but left during the speeches.

After four different speakers spoke entirely in Spanish, that was about all we could take. Apparently, rallies were occurring all across the country and there were even boycotts. I know immigration in the U.S. is a hot topic. There is no doubt there needs to be sweeping reforms. However, if the point of last weeks' rallies was to send a message to policy makers and the American people, it seems to me that message should be in a language Americans can understand. I kept waiting for someone to speak a word of English and it never happened. I'm just saying....

After the rally, we continued our drive into downtown. We found a bench right on the water and watched the boats. My favorite was the tug boat:

It reminded me of one of my favorite books as a child: Scuffy the Tugboat. After the sun went down, we joined two more of my friends for dinner. We then saw the tailend of an open mic night and finished the night at the Thirsty Dog Pub.

Trek and LuLu were not happy when they found out we went to the Thirsty Dog Pub without them. To make it up to them, we took them for a hike at Fallen Branch. Introducing Brad and LuLu (whom I've nicknamed Princess LuLu):


There were watering holes for Trek to enjoy (Princess LuLu was not interested in getting her paws wet):


A waterfall:

And Trek even got to sport his pack for the first time this season (the princess would not be caught performing such undignified tasks):

Last week there was also a lot of drinking/partying. I guess we all needed to relieve some stress after the events of recent weeks and with finals coming up. Here's a pic from Cinco de Mayo:

Can we say $1 Coronas and $1 Margaritas? I think we can.

Finally, I have continued on my cooking kick.

This is baked Tilapia served with Couscous tossed in garlic and flax seeds and cooked tomatoes with italian seasonings. Yum!


Today is my last final and I'm going out to see Righteous Soul with friends afterward.

This night will mark the first official event of my summer! Woot woot!

Heads Turned for: "I'm back!"

 

Blogger Tha BossMack TopSoil said ... (1:52 PM) : 

Beautiful pics Brea!

 

Blogger Scott said ... (2:33 PM) : 

Great pics... glad that you are back. Look forward to your new posts.

Scott

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2:45 PM) : 

Nice pics...and sounds like you had a great week.
Btw: I have to ask you for a favor - would a be possible to choose a bigger writing? The new design of your blog is great but even with glasses the writing is hard to read :-[

 

Blogger Brea said ... (3:13 PM) : 

Boss Mack & Scott:
Thanks!

Kat:
I resized the font, is that any better?

 

Blogger Rose said ... (1:13 AM) : 

Enjoyed the pictures. Great new blog. Glad that you are back. I really enjoyed reading your blogs...

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1:34 PM) : 

I love the new look! So cool!

$1 margaritas?! OMG, where?!! :)

 

Blogger MZPEACH said ... (2:35 PM) : 

Trek and Princess Lulu are so georgeous. Wow, you have access to some reall neat thing Brea. I wish I had freinds that were more into outdoor activities. I love doing things like that. I love the pic of you btw. And girl, I LOVE tilapia, and the dish you cooked looks fantastic. Very healthy and light.

 

Blogger Friar Tuck said ... (2:32 AM) : 

would love the $1 drinks. Sounds like you are having fun!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8:24 AM) : 

Nice pics!

HMMM! that dish sounds delicious, just needs some scotch bonnet peppers.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11:44 AM) : 

now i feel sooo guilty... i haven't been around much.. and look at you! with the new layout! :) that's nice, girl!

and the pix... very nice :)

how things going over there? thanks for your support

 

Blogger Miz JJ said ... (12:09 PM) : 

That food is making me hungry! Glad to hear you're gearing up for summer.

 

Blogger Mocha said ... (1:46 PM) : 

Love the pics! That waterfall looks like a postcard.

 

Blogger princessdominique said ... (3:10 PM) : 

Brea you are so fun. I can't wait to come to MD to meet you. Don't hide from me when I come *lol* and you are sooo photogenic so I'm standing next to you for the group shot!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:59 AM) : 

beautiful pictures and good post.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3:10 PM) : 

Didn't stop by for a while but I realized the font right away now and it's much better to read now :)

 

post a comment