Thursday, May 18, 2006

It's been a while

Yeah so, I've been slacking on this Thursday Thirteen thing as well. Life happens.

Thirteen Things that indicate Brea has been working too much:


1. What I thought was allergies, actually turned out to be a minor cold. I used to never get sick, but it now seems to be a regular occurrence.

2. Arrived late for Mother's Day dinner after working 6 days straight and 6 hours that very day. It took me 10 minutes to gather my brain enough to even order a drink. I ordered water.

3. My friend had to come to my job to show me her engagement ring and invite me to be a bridesmaid.

4. My room is a total disaster. I just don't have the energy to tackle it when I get home. While I've never been a neat freak - I'm very anal about my clothes. I always hang and fold them after finishing laundry. In fact, my closet is organized by color and season. Now, last week's laundry is still a pile on my desk.

5. Myspace comments from friends confirm the fact I am always working.

6. When asked what days I work, I respond the days I DON'T work is the shorter list.

7. Trek won't let me out of his sight when I'm home. You try having a 93 lb. lap dog, it's fun.

8. I've worn my work clothes more than any other clothes.

9. When I go out, 90% of the time it is with people from work. I've lost all meaningful contact with non-work friends.

10. I miss blogging and reading blogs. Again, just don't have the time/energy.

11. I spent my one day off this week shopping and cooking. I have a million small projects I need to complete. I just couldn't bring myself to spend my one day off "taking care of business".

12. Yesterday, I looked up the word relax. Does that really happen?

13. I just orchestrated three weekends in a row off for fun, leisure, and tradition: a graduation party, backpacking, and special olympics. Just a week and half more on the hamster wheel.


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It's easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things.

Well, time to walk the dog and get ready for work. **sigh**

Heads Turned for: "It's been a while"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1:28 PM) : 

Well, after reading that post I also think that you definatley work way to much. But in june you get at least a small break :)

 

Blogger Scott said ... (1:29 PM) : 

Hopefully you get to build some time in for you in the next little bit. At least you are going hiking right?

Scott

 

Blogger Friar Tuck said ... (7:32 PM) : 

glad you are going to get some well deserved rnr

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8:29 PM) : 

I really hope that you get time for yourself, soon!

 

Blogger Cherise said ... (6:43 PM) : 

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Blogger Cherise said ... (6:44 PM) : 

Awww Brea u sound sooo busy.. I know the feeling. I, myself have been sick with god knows what.. well, actually it started as a cold 3 weeks ago turned into a fever 2weeks ago, which in turn was tonsilitis which spread into my ear..and now after the antibiotics have changed 3 times... I still can't freaking hear out of my right ear and it feels like I'm stuck on an airplane with all the damned pressure. Hopefully, this thing will subside soon.. So, that's how I spent my bday... and for last few weekends I've been in the bed... doing absolutely NOTHING@ I recommend you TRY it real soon!

 

post a comment